A medical dermatologist is uniquely trained to identify and treat thousands of conditions affecting skin, nails, hair, and mucous membranes. The field requires in-depth scientific knowledge. Yet, because these conditions have a profound impact on the physical and emotional state of the patient, the doctor must also practice with empathy and compassion. You will find those traits in the team at Associates in Dermatology, plus the convenience of three locations – Lorain, Middleburg Heights, and Westlake, OH.
Are you searching for a medical dermatologist in Westlake, OH?
Here are some important points to consider in your search:
- Credentials of the providers – “
Board certified” indicates a commitment to knowledge and skill, beyond graduation from medical school, internship, residency. Board-certification is the “gold standard” of assurance that the doctor has completed rigorous training and assessment in a specialized area. There are 24 ABMS member boards providing certification in 40 specialties and 85 subspecialties. It is important to scrutinize the doctor’s certification carefully. The Associates in Dermatology team includes five Board-certified dermatologists, some with multiple Board certifications, all directly related to dermatology. Our other providers have stellar qualifications and extensive clinical experience.
- Family-friendly practice – Each stage of life – infancy, childhood, teenage, young adult, adult, and senior – present very different dermatological challenges. Some practices focus on just one of these segments. For most people, though, it is a comfort to know that they will not have to switch dermatologists as their needs change.
- Modern technology – Tremendous advances have been made in diagnostic instruments and treatment modalities.
Leading edgetechnologies and methods are a strong indication that the practice believes in investing in training and equipment to provide comfortable, efficient, effective patient care.
- Dermatopathology – An in-house dermatopathologist fosters clear communication between dermatopathologist,
- Services – A medical dermatologist should be proficient in treating a broad range of conditions from very common disorders such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, moles, warts, and skin tags to rare and unusual diseases.
- Skin cancer services – Skin cancer is prevalent across this country. Look for a medical dermatologist who focuses on prevention, screening, and early detection, and provides necessary treatment. Associates in Dermatology offers these services as well as specialized Mohs micrographic surgery.
Finding a compassionate, qualified medical dermatologist in the Westlake, OH area is not difficult. Just call at (440) 482-8323 for an appointment at Associates in Dermatology.