Would you like to see fewer lines, wrinkles, and sags, when you look in the mirror? The experienced clinicians at Associates in Dermatology help men and women from Westlake, OH to Lorain and Middleburg Heights look more youthful with dermal fillers.
Types of dermal fillers
Our aesthetics professionals develop personalized injectable procedures using soft tissue fillers from the highly reputable Juvéderm and Restylane product lines, and the primary ingredient in these FDA-approved fillers is hyaluronic acid (HA). It is a carbohydrate that occurs naturally in the human body, hydrating skin, lubricating joints, and serving many other functions. The HA in Juvéderm and Restylane is biodegradable and non-animal sourced, minimizing the risk of allergic reactions.
The product is precisely placed into soft tissues at varying depths, to add immediate volume, recontour facial features, and smooth wrinkles. The filler also stimulates the production of collagen, helping to restore thicker, firmer skin naturally.
How Associates in Dermatology experts use dermal fillers
- Wrinkle filler – A wrinkle is actually invisible. What you see is the shadow cast by the variation in skin topography. One popular use of cosmetic fillers is to lessen wrinkles by filling the crease. Our injectors select the most appropriate formula for your mild, moderate, or severe wrinkles in areas such as smile lines (corners of the mouth), nasolabial folds (from nose to mouth), and marionettes (extending downward from corners of the mouth).
- Under-eye filler – Dark circles and hollows under the eyes cause you to look tired and add to the challenge of makeup application. HA smooths these indentations immediately, and gradually thickens skin with increased collagen, lightening discoloration.
- Face fillers – Over time, fat pads in the face diminish. Meanwhile, we also lose muscle mass and bone. Without these support structures, skin on the lower half of the face droops into folds and wrinkles. Thicker viscosity fillers injected into deep tissues in the cheek or temple areas helps to restore volume and lift facial features.
- Lip fillers – As we age, lips tend to get thinner and roll inward, causing a harsh expression. HA in a soft, silky gel formulation is placed into lips to add fullness and to better define borders.
- Lip enhancer – Thin fillers can also be used to fill periorbital lines that radiate from the mouth and cause lipstick to bleed.
Schedule a cosmetic consultation at Associates in Dermatology to learn more about this no-downtime anti-aging treatment. Call (440) 482-8323.