Dear valued patient,
At Associates in Dermatology, we believe it is essential that we put the safety of our patients, our staff, and our families and communities first at all times but more so now than ever. In light of the current spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we wish to inform you that we will be taking extra precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of others during this time.
Our offices are still open and we are seeing patients with essential dermatology needs. We want to reassure you that, as all, we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that our all our facilities and equipment are thoroughly sterilized with medical grade solutions at all times and that our staff are following extra safety protocols to prevent the spread of the virus. We will also be screening all patients and staff for symptoms of COVID-19 before they enter the office, and anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will be asked to leave and contact their primary care doctor.
We recommend that our patients seriously consider their risk factors and postpone any non-essential appointments.
For those who need to visit our office, our hours during this time will remain the same, and as always you can call us at 440-249-0274 if you have any questions.
To help us keep you and others safe, we request that all our patients follow these additional guidelines when visiting our practice.
- NO visitors (non-patients) under the age of 18 will be allowed into the office.
- NO visitors will be allowed in the waiting room or exam room with patients unless needed for assistance. Please come to your appointment by yourself and/or have your visitor wait in your car.
- Minor patients (under the age of 18) are to be brought to the office with ONE adult only
If either of the following are true of you, we would kindly request that you follow all updated CDC guidelines and call our office to reschedule any appointments in the near future for a later date at least 14 days from now:
- You or anyone you are in close contact with is sick with cough, fever, or flu-like symptoms
- You have trouble breathing
- You or anyone you are in contact with is suspected or known to be exposed to COVID-19
- You have traveled within the last two weeks
Please also note, our Westlake office is located in a UH facility and as a result all patients will be screened for the above symptoms prior to allowing in the building. UH is limiting one visitor per patient. Patients experiencing any symptoms should call our office to reschedule their appointment at 440-249-0274.
To keep yourself safe and to protect those around you, we also recommend that all our patients follow these guidelines and any updated guidelines provided by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html):
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water. Be especially careful to wash your hands after using the bathroom, before and after eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if you cannot wash your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth if you have not first washed your hands properly.
- Only cough or sneeze into a tissue and immediately throw away the tissue and wash or sanitize your hands as soon as possible.
- Make use of the disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer at our office during any appointments.
- Keep a distance of 3 feet from anyone who is sick and avoid unnecessary contact with others especially if you or anyone you live with is at high risk (older adults, people with medical conditions).
Please continue to refer to the CDC and WHO for further updates regarding COVID-19 and kindly comply with all recommended precautions to keep yourself and others in our community healthy and safe at all times. You may find more detailed, up-to-date information on the official CDC and WHO web pages below:
CDC (Centers for Disease Control) – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
WHO (World Health Organization) – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep our practice and our community safe by following these important guidelines.
Please stay safe,
The Team at Associates in Dermatology